Creating a Safety Plan
You can quickly ext this page by clicking the X in the bottom right corner.
Who Can Help?
Indentify who can help you in an emergency and how they can help:
- Can they provide child care or pet care?
- Are they a safe place to stay?
- Do they have access to other contacts who can help?
- Can they pick you or the children up and offer transportation to a safe place?
Develop a code word or phrase to initiate support. For example “Do you have any chocolate chips?” can mean you need them to call 911.
- Open a separate bank account if possible
- Keep cash or gift cards for gas stations in your car or with a trusted friend